Election ballots will be sent out from “ELECTIONBUDDY.COM” to all those “REGISTERED/PAID” members from SHPE San Diego Professional chapter.
You may find candidate Bios in a PDF file found at the bottom of this page. The PDF file downloads so you may need to manually open it.
Elections are open until July 31, 2021 (11:00pm Pacific Time). Please submit your vote in a timely fashion to be properly counted.
At this time, we also want to remind you that our Elected Treasurer is CARLOS DURAN (2021-2023).
Positions open for elections:
Please click on the links for each position to read the descriptions of responsibilities.
Nomination Process (No exceptions):
- Nominations open as of May 3, 2021.
- Send nominations to [email protected] and make sure to CC the nominated individual. Please begin the email subject with “[2021-202X nomination]“
- The President, First Vice President, and Secretary positions are for the 2021-2022 term the Treasurer position is for 2021-2023
- Executive Board Member positions can be reviewed on the Executive Board Position Descriptions page
- Nominated individuals must accept their nominations and provide a brief bio by June 24th, to be included in the voting ballots.
- Brief bios can include: candidate info, candidate’s involvement with SHPE, and their plans to enhance the chapter through their position
- Voting will be online and anonymous through surveymonkey.com
- Voting members (Paid Members) will be able to vote between July 1, 2021, and July 31, 2021.
- Remember that you must have paid your SHPE membership dues by June 30th, 2021 to cast a vote.
- We will announce the election results and install the new board at the SHPE Annual Scholarship & Awards Banquet on September 10, 2021.
Appointed Chairperson Positions:
Each year the following Committee Chair positions are open by appointment:
- Community Outreach
- SHPE Jr Program
- Membership Recruitment & Retention
- Professional Development
- Campus Professionals
If you are interested in serving as a Committee Chair or would like more information, please send an email to [email protected].
The following are candidate biographies for the individuals running for executive board member positions and any chapter business being voted on by the membership. Biographies are listed in the order they were submitted for each position.
2021 SHPE San Diego Candidates for Election:
Attached is a PDF file with a brief bio of the candidates for President and CIO of the SHPE San Diego Professional chapter.