This year SHPE SD will be voting on approving changes to the Professional Chapter Bylaws as wells as all 5 executive board member positions. Our nomination and election process will be online this year. Read on to learn more about nominating individuals, running for a position, voting on bylaws changes, and the voting process.
- Visit the Annual Elections page to view information on SHPE San Diego’s Bylaw changes up for ratification this year as well as short biographies on candidates.
- The President, 1st Vice-President, 2nd Vice-President, Secretary, and Treasurer positions are all open for elections this year.
- Nominations are currently open and will be accepted until April 19th 11: 59 PM.
- Send nominations to email@example.com and make sure to CC the nominated individual. Please begin the email subject with “[2013-nomination]”.
- Executive Board Member position responsibilities are up for review on the Executive Board Position Descriptions page.
- Nominated individuals must accept their nominations and provide a brief bio by April 19th 11:59 PM so that we may display them on our website as well as the voting ballots.
- SHPE SD’s voting will be online through the same service SHPE Inc. uses for our national elections.
- Eligible voting members will be able to vote between April 21st to April 30th 11:59 PM.
- Candidates will be able to give a speech at the April GBM on Wednesday, April 24th.
- These short speeches may include a brief bio, candidate’s involvement with SHPE, and their plans to enhance the chapter through their position on the board.
- We will announce the election results and install the new board at the 31st Annual Awards Banquet.
Remember that you must have paid your SHPE Inc. membership dues by April 24th to cast a vote.