Hello SHPE Familia!
This is a friendly reminder that you are now able to renew your MemberSHPE via the SHPE National website (http://www.shpe.org/membership). Membership is only $65 for the year (good through July 2017 to June 2018) and if you have just graduated it is FREE for the first year after graduation!
The Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, San Diego Professional chapter (SHPE San Diego) is helping shape and change lives. With $18,000 in scholarships to local students in 2017, we are ensuring Hispanic contributions to the field of engineering continue to strengthen. Get involved and help us increase scholarships and opportunities for the upcoming generation while at the same time strengthening your professional posture.
SHPE San Diego cordially invites you to re-new your membership or become a new member. We’re confident you will find your involvement to be emotionally and professionally rewarding.
SHPE’s vision is a world where Hispanics are highly valued and influential as the leading innovators, scientists, mathematicians and engineers.
With SHPE San Diego you will:
- Be an Inspiration: You were fortunate to have the right guidance and inspiration at the right time. It’s your turn to inspire. Some kids don’t know what to dream about; show them.
- Be a Leader: Develop your skills through our leadership series. Annual National Conference, National Institute for Leadership Advancement, Regional Leadership Development Conference, Executive Leadership Institute.
- Network: We schedule many events throughout the year. Members can meet engineers from other agencies at various mixers, conferences, dinner gala, holiday parties, etc.
- Be a mentor: Giving back is one of the greatest rewards. Participate in one-on- one mentor-protégé relationships as well as forums, chat groups or discussion boards.
- Have Strength in Numbers: Put your ideas an initiative to work. Use the established support system of the organization to get things done.
- Enhance career development: Information on employment and professional advancement opportunities with exclusive access to the SHPE Career center.
- Engage with the community: coordinate or participate in social initiatives to support the community.
- Increase your knowledge: Attend conferences, courses, seminars, lectures, workshops, and webinars. Our General Body Meetings are held at different locations such as Qualcomm, Caltrans, General Atomics, Solar Turbines, etc. Members get a chance to learn about their programs and employee needs.
- Use Resume builder: get tips in resume writing techniques, professional advice, samples cover letters.
- Have Access to Nationwide Support: Become part of the SHPE Familia and find support wherever you go with 250 chapters and 10,000 members across the nation.
Follow this guide to register: SHPE Connect Membership (Join or Renew Process). Remember to select “San Diego” in Region 2 for your chapter affiliation. When you have completed your application, please send an email to Membership@shpesd.org to be added to our registered member email distribution list for exclusive offers and announcements.