County of San Diego
County of San Diego Planning & Development Services
BUILDING INSPECTOR II
The County of San Diego is currently accepting job applications for Building Inspector II. Positions in this job class are assigned to the County’s Planning & Development Services. Planning & Development Services Planning & Development Services (PDS) is responsible for recommending how and where our communities will grow through programs such as the County’s General Plan and community plans. PDS reviews development applications in the unincorporated County to ensure they are properly designed and safely constructed. Other services include code compliance to ensure public health and safety, as well as hosting the County’s sustainability efforts. PDS has six divisions: Advance Planning, Building Services, Code Compliance, Land Development, Project Planning, and Support Services. For additional information on this department, please click here. The Position The duties of the Building Inspector II consist of performing inspections of residential dwellings, commercial, and industrial buildings for conformance with building construction, zoning and grading codes, and approved building and land use permits.
1. A valid Residential Combination Inspector certificate or equivalent at the time of application; OR,
2. A valid Residential Building Inspector certificate, or equivalent and any two (2) of the following: Residential Electrical Inspector, Residential Plumbing Inspector, or Residential Mechanical Inspector or equivalent at the time of application; OR,
3. A valid CALBO Field Inspector credential at the time of application.
AND Any one of the following certifications or equivalent at the time of application:
1. Commercial Combination Inspector
2. Commercial Building Inspector
3. Commercial Electrical Inspector
4. Commercial Mechanical Inspector
5. Commercial Plumbing Inspector
6. Building Plans Examiner
7. Certified Building Code Official
1. One (1) year of experience as a Building Inspector I with the County of San Diego; OR,
2. Two (2) years of post-certification experience as a building inspector for a public agency responsible for enforcing municipal, county and state building and construction codes and land-use, zoning and grading regulations.
Qualified applicants will be placed on a six (6) month employment list based on scores received during the evaluation of information contained in their employment and supplemental applications.
Please ensure all information is complete and accurate, as the responses you provide on the supplemental application questionnaire will be reviewed using an automated evaluation system. If you are successful in the initial screening process, your application will be reviewed individually to confirm that the information you provided is accurate and qualifying.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of a job, on a case-by-case basis.
The County of San Diego and its employees embrace the Live Well San Diego vision: A region that is Building Better Health, Living Safely and Thriving.
Click here for more information www.livewellsd.org.
Under California Government Code Sections 3100 – 3109, public employees are designated as disaster service workers. The term “public employees” includes all persons employed by the state or any county, city, state agency, or public district. Disaster service workers are required to participate in such disaster service activities as may be assigned to them by their employer or by law.
The County of San Diego is committed to valuing diversity and practicing inclusion because our diverse workforce is our greatest asset and our customers are our number one priority.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
5530 Overland Ave., Suite 210
San Diego, CA 92123
BUILDING INSPECTOR II-19366108
To apply for this job please visit www.SanDiegoCounty.Gov.