You are cordially invited to the SHPE San Diego Professional ChapterGeneral Body Meeting.Continue reading General Body Meeting – December 18, 2019
Please note: Location has changed…see below
General Body Meeting – December 5th, 2018
You are cordially invited to the San Diego Professional Chapter General Body Meeting.
Join us at Hilltop High School where we will go over previous and upcoming events and activities, including the Posada and Silent Auction Preview. You don’t want to miss out!
Where: Hilltop High School – 555 Claire Ave., Chula Vista, CA 91910
When: Wed. Dec 5th, 2018
Time: 6:00 PM
Please use the RSVP link to sign up. We hope to see as many of you there as possible! Don’t forget, refreshments will be provided as well!
2018 SHPE San Diego Scholarship Awards
- Must have a minimum of a 2.8 GPA for Corporate Scholarships; lower GPAs may be considered for non-corporate scholarships
- Shall be pursuing a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math degree full-time at a university or community college (Continuing students: if you are not taking 12 units or more please indicate why)
- Current full-time student at a San Diego County community college, university or high school with an active SHPE chapter
- Shall be a registered and paid SHPE student or SHPE Jr. chapter member, verified with SHPE National Office
- Shall have participated not only with respective chapter, but the SHPE San Diego Professional chapter (as requested) and other non-SHPE Chapters
- Must be a San Diego County resident
- Must attend the Annual SHPE San Diego Award Banquet in early May
- The following must be delivered to SHPE San Diego Scholarship Chair before disbursement
- A Thank You letter to SHPE SD Board of Directors and Respective Sponsor
- Verification of full time enrollment (12 units or more) and your student ID number
- A Spring semester/quarter unofficial transcript reflecting a minimum of a 2.8 GPA (ensuring the retention and continuance of student’s intent to pursuing Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math degree). If this receipt requirement is not met then the scholarship will be forfeit.
2018 Scholarship Application Details
The 2018 scholarship application process will be online and sent via e-mail. The application period will be open from February 2nd, 2018 through March 18th, 2018. Scholarship recipients will be announced in early May of 2018 at the SHPE San Diego Annual Awards Banquet; recipients must be present to be awarded the scholarship. Scholarship checks will be distributed in September after Receipt Requirements materials have been received.
Application Submission Process
- Download and complete the 2018 SHPE Scholarship Application (PDF) or (WORD)
- Attach an unofficial transcript
- Attach a copy of your resume (not to exceed one page)
- Attach a head shot photograph (to help us verify participation with SHPE SD chapter; photos will not be shown to scholarship judges)
- Attach the signed SHPE SD Scholarship Application Signature Form. The form must have your signature and the signature of your student chapter president (or adviser for SHPE Jr)
- If applicable, attach an acceptance letter to 4-year university or statement that you are entering a community college (this can be turned it at a later time if you still have not received it yet)
In total, you will have the following 5 (or 6) files to send via e-mail by March 18th, 2018:
- 2018 SHPE Scholarship Application (Questions/Form)
- Unofficial transcripts (to date)
- Copy of your resume/CV
- Photo (head shot)
- SHPE SD Scholarship Signature Form (signed by your chapter president or advisor)
- If applicable, admission offer to a college or university (this can be turned in after March 18th, 2018, but before scholarship disbursements are sent)
Once you are ready, please send you files via e-mail. If you have any questions, please send them as well.
2018 Scholarship Submission: [email protected]
Good Luck and don’t forget to have someone review your application before submitting!
Apply before March 18th, 2018, 11:59 PM (Pacific Time)
Get PAID for real world experience and hands-on training in the
Young Technologist innovation academy this summer at Microsoft!
Applications are open Feb. 1st – 21st!
Young Tech is a 7-week PAID academy for current college Freshmen and Sophomores interested in pursuing a career in technology.
If you or someone you know is interested in learning more or want to apply, click below!