Positions open for Election:
Treasurer (2 yr.)
- Nominations are currently open and will be accepted until April 23rd 11:59 PM
- Send nominations to email@example.com and make sure to CC the nominated individual. Please begin the email subject with “[2017-nomination]“
- Executive Board Member position can be review on the Executive Board Position Descriptions page
- Nominated individuals must accept their nominations and provide a brief bio by April 24th 8:00 PM to be included in the voting ballots
- Brief bios can include: candidate info, candidate’s involvement with SHPE, and their plans to enhance the chapter through their position
- Voting will be online and anonymous through surveymonkey.com
- Voting members (Paid Members) will be able to vote between April 30th to May 4th 11:59 PM
- Remember that you must have paid your SHPE Inc. membership dues by April 18th to cast a vote
- We will announce the election results and install the new board at the 35th Annual Scholarship & Awards Banquet
Appointed Chairperson Positions:
Each year the following Committee Chair positions are open for appointment:
- Community Outreach
- SHPE Jr Program
- Membership Recruitment & Retention
- Professional Development
- Campus Professionals
If you are interested in serving as a Committee Chair or would like more information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following are candidate biographies for the individuals running for executive board member positions and any chapter business being voted on by the membership. Biographies are listed in the order they were submitted for each position.
Candidate Name: Cristina Gonzales Nunez
Cristina Nunez has a B.S. in Civil Engineering and works as a Transportation Engineer for Caltrans in the Traffic Operations Support department. She is the current Treasurer for SHPE San Diego, elected in 2015. She has served on the SHPE San Diego Board, in the past, as 2nd Vice President from 2005-2006 and as Treasurer from 2006-2007. She joined SHPE as a student while at San Diego State University and held various officer positions during her college career. Cristina is a SHPE Lifetime Member.
Chapter business up for voting: